Tuesday 24 July 2012

Kaffe Fassett Fabrics - I Love them!!

What is it about Kaffe Fassett that I love...... it must be the colours and how they are used without the normal colour guidelines..... You know blue and green must never be seen without a colour in between!! The Kaffe Fassett web site is fantastic .....

I have made (or nearly made) quite a few things using his fabrics.


I have been making a quilt for Miss J and really all I have to do is put a border on it and then quilt it.... That is on my to do list..... This was from a workshop I went to that Sheena Chapman taught at.....Sheena teaches in a very freestyle way.... so there is no right or wrong.... She has a great eye for colour....










 I have even made Bunting to match..... This is one of my own patterns.... I  made it to match Miss J's almost finished quilt.... She is waiting very patiently for it...










I also used his fabrics in the yellow range to make the background for a needle turned applique wall hanging a made from a Sarah Fielke workshop from her book "Quilting from little things"..... I have never been a great hand sewer but the workshop was invaluable.... and since then I started making a Hawaiian block also using needle turn applique..... I hope i am like most quilters/crafters with lots of UFO's... he he
Finally....... I used his range to make this lampshade..... also from a workshop I attended at MyPatch Fabrics, in Milton NSW... I do love this..... These colours are possibly my all time favourite... at the moment anyway.....                                      
I hope you have also noticed;
1) my new Iphone app camera +... thought I would play around with the frames for my pics and
2) I enjoy attending workshops run by other people...... I am, and hope you are always willing to learn something new......

anywho.... cheers Janeene

No comments:

Post a Comment